Do you like magnets? Science fair projects can examine magnetism or electromagnets. Here are some magnetism science fair project ideas.
Magnetism Science Fair Project Ideas
- Make your own ferrofluid or liquid magnets.
- Is plant growth affected by the presence of an electromagnetic field?
- Is seed germination affected by a magnetic field?
- Do magnetic fields have an effect on eremosphaera algae cells?
- What is the strength of a manmade magnetic field given off by a computer? overhead power lines? wall current? etc.
- Build a sensor to detect the presence of a magnetic field.
- Can you detect any effect from a prolonged magnetic field on an organism? Examples might include fruit flies, mice, plants, daphnia, etc.
- Can you demonstrate the steelhead trout can detect magnetic fields? How would you test other organisms for the ability to sense a magnetic field?
- Is the orientation of bird embryos (e.g., chicks in eggs) affected by the orientation of a magnetic field?
- If you change magnetic field orientation, does it produce an effect on an organism? Examples might include mealworms, fruit flies, planaria, etc.
More Science Fair Project Ideas