We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Students with good grades and decent test scores have a good chance of being accepted into AIC--the college had a 69 percent acceptance rate in 2016. Your high school transcript will be the most important piece of your application, and strong grades in challenging classes will impress the admissions folks. Standardized test scores (the ACT and SAT) are now optional, but they are worth submitting if your scores are on the high end of the ranges listed below. Letters of recommendation and a personal statement are also optional.
Will You Get In?
Calculate Your Chances of Getting In with this free tool from Cappex
Admissions Data (2016):
- American International College Acceptance Rate: 69 percent
- Test Scores -- 25th / 75th Percentile
- SAT Critical Reading: 380 / 490
- SAT Math: 382 / 500
- ACT Composite: 16 / 22
- ACT English: - / -
- ACT Math: - / -
American International College Description:
American International College is a private, four-year college located in Springfield, Massachusetts. Including graduate and undergraduate students, AIC has about 3,400 students, an undergraduate student / faculty ratio of 14 to 1 and a graduate student / faculty of 8 to 1. The college offers a wide range of majors and programs between their School of Business Administration; School of Arts, Education, and Sciences; School of Health Sciences; School of Continuing Education; and graduate programs. Professional programs are particularly popular. AIC is proud of its technological advances and has recently put in a new wireless network that covers the whole campus. Students are involved outside of the classroom, and AIC offers a host of student clubs and organizations. The school also has an active Greek life. AIC competes in the NCAA Division II Northeast-10 Conference in a variety of sports including men's and women's tennis, cross country, and lacrosse. The men's ice hockey team competes separately in the Division I Atlantic Hockey Association.
- Total Enrollment: 3,377 (1,414 undergraduates)
- Gender Breakdown: 39 percent male / 61 percent female
- 95 percent full-time
Costs (2016 - 17):
- Tuition and Fees: $33,140
- Books: $1,200 (why so much?)
- Room and Board: $13,490
- Other Expenses: $1,660
- Total Cost: $49,490
AIC Financial Aid (2015 - 16):
- Percentage of New Students Receiving Aid: 100 percent
- Percentage of New Students Receiving Types of Aid
- Grants: 100 percent
- Loans: 88 percent
- Average Amount of Aid
- Grants: $25,402
- Loans: $7,719
- Most Popular Majors: Accounting, Communication, Criminal Justice, Liberal Studies, Management, Nursing, Psychology, Sport and Recreation Management
- What major is right for you? Sign up to take the free "My Careers and Majors Quiz" at Cappex.
Transfer, Graduation and Retention Rates:
- First Year Student Retention (full-time students): 69 percent
- Transfer Out Rate: 43 percent
- 4-Year Graduation Rate: 29 percent
- 6-Year Graduation Rate: 44 percent
Intercollegiate Athletic Programs:
- Men's Sports: Football, Soccer, Lacrosse, Wrestling, Track and Field, Baseball, Basketball, Golf, Ice Hockey, Cross Country
- Women's Sports: Field Hockey, Basketball, Track and Field, Cross Country, Softball, Volleyball, Tennis, Soccer, Lacrosse
National Center for Educational Statistics
If You Like American International College, You May Also Like These Schools:
Students that are looking for a mid-sized college in New England with similar acceptance rates (around 70% of applicants admitted each year) should also check out Endicott College, Becker College, Springfield College, Champlain College, Assumption College, or Fairfield University.